I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Engineering at James Madison University. I earned my Ph.D. and M.S. in civil engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Prior to Illinois, I finished my B.S. in civil engineering at the University of California, Berkeley.
My teaching and research interests relate to the sustainability of civil infrastructure from a structural and/or material viewpoint in the context of an increasingly diverse society.
- Ph.D. (2016) – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S.C.E. (2011) – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S. (2008) – University of California, Berkeley
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Eng. at James Madison Univ. (2018 – Present)
- Assistant Professor, David L. Hirschfeld Dept. of Eng. at Angelo State Univ. (2016 – 2018)
- Research Assistant, Dept. of CEE at the Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2009 – 2016)
- Teaching Assistant, Dept. of CEE at the Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2011 – 2013, 2015 – 2016)
- Aviation Systems Analyst, ATAC Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA (2008 – 2009)
My mother is from Mexico and my father is from El Salvador while I was born and raised in Southern California. I’ve lived in Northern California, Downstate Illinois, and West Texas for a few years; and I’m now ready to explore the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia!