I am an Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering at the David L. Hirschfeld Department of Engineering at Angelo State University. I earned my Ph.D. in civil engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Prior to Illinois, I finished my undergraduate work at the University of California, Berkeley.
My teaching and research relates to the durability of civil infrastructure either from a structural or material viewpoint.
Check out my faculty webpage.
- Ph.D. (2016) — University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S.C.E. (2011) — University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S. (2008) — University of California, Berkeley
- Assistant Professor, David L. Hirschfeld Dept. of Eng. at Angelo State Univ. (2016 – Present)
- Research Assistant, Dept. of CEE at the Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2009 – 2016)
- Teaching Assistant, Dept. of CEE at the Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2011 – 2013, 2015 – 2016)
- Aviation Systems Analyst, ATAC Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA (2008 – 2009)
My mother is from Mexico and my father is from El Salvador while I was born and raised in Orange County, CA. I explored the Midwest for a few years, and I’m now ready to explore the desert Southwest!